20220217

Friday May 7, 1982

Bessie: scatty.
 A half day. Home at 1pm. I met Ally at Barclay's Bank and paid in a cheque for £10. To the bakers and the Co-op and back home for 1:30. I spoke to Papa on the phone. He is upset about John and Maria _______. He pleaded with John to seek legal advice. ______. In the midst of our chat Frank and Bessie arrived and so I put the phone down. Frank dropped Bessie with us and then changed and went off to Liverpool to the leaving party of a former colleague. We entertained Bessie to dinner ~ chicken. She is very scatty and told us that we are all well provided for should they come a cropper on the M5. During dinner we played Debussy and Eric Clapton. I think Bessie preferred the piano. Frank came back pissed at 1am. He'd been drinking champagne and he sat swinging his legs on the 'breakfast bar'.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...