20220409

Friday June 11, 1982

 Dull day. Out at 8 and gave Audrey a kick as I passed. The 'for sale' sign looks ridiculous, but Ally is convinced it will do the trick. It would cost a small fortune to advertise it in the paper. I should know.

Judith.
YP abysmal. Kathleen arrived at 10. We assumed we'd seen the last of her for a fortnight. Escaped at 5 and went to my dentist in Rawdon. On the way I sat with Mrs Judith Brown on the bus and she informed me that they are to take a pub [the Fox & Hounds] at Glusburn, near Keighley. A Timothy Taylor's house. My teeth were cleaned and I was sent packing five minutes later with a bill for £3.50 and an appointment for December 10. On to Guiseley after meeting Ally at Rawdon, and we sat with sandwiches and beer until 7. John had been out with Peter until the early hours and had spent the whole day in bed. He looked debauched today - probably just a jealous reaction on my part. Lynn and Dave brought Frances in her pyjamas. The baby looked devilish, imp-like. Lynn, Dave, Ally and I had a drink at the Woolpack before moving on to the Allinson pile on Over Lane. Elaine was busying herself in the garden and we went out clutching large drinks and sat in deckchairs chattering about the Falklands and the pros and cons of Butlins Holiday camps. Elaine wasn't quite as noisy and controversial as usual, but is a fuss. Dave L and 'Knocker' were discussed. Dave A's brother, Mick, and his timid wife were there. We ate barbecued chicken, beefburgers, sausages, &c. Drank Pernod, whisky, Martini, lashings of lager. There was a speaker on the lawn which allowed us to dance around the shrubbery in formation. Great fun. It must have sounded like a zoo. By the end of the night were were dripping barbecue sauce. Quite pissed. Dave felt sick and so we left at about 1:30am. Went the wrong way home, going through Bradford.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...