20220528

Monday June 28, 1982

 The gas man cometh again. Devastation. Got to the YP at 9. Sarah says that the Rolling Stones tickets are on sale and placed £20 in my hands and I dashed off and bought two tickets. Ally was unsure about it, but left the final decision to me. I took the plunge. Well, we'll never get the opportunity to see Jagger again. The man is almost 40.

Spoke to Mama on the phone later. She says John would also love to see the Stones too, and so I robbed the tea money and went back into town at 3:30 and bought him one. Left the office early because of the NUR. Good old Sid Weighell. Ally was at home sitting upon her piano stool amidst the piles of stone and plaster [not forgetting the mud] which gave the whole place at Dunkirk atmosphere. We went out to escape the dust and bought tomatoes and Tampax at the Co-Op. Rain. I held the umbrella like an equerry does for HM. 

It has been announced that the infant prince is to be William Arthur Philip Louis. Not a George in sight. Very pleased with it. The future King William V. I always knew Diana wouldn't go for Darren or Shaun. Prince William's six godparents consist of five relatives, Princess Alexandra [grandmother's cousin], King Constanine [grandfather's cousin], Lord Romsey [the infant's second cousin once removed], the Duchess of Westminster [a descendant of King George II], and Lady Susan Hussey, who, with the infant, shares a common ancestor in the 2nd Earl Waldegrave. Sir Laurens Van Der Post is the odd one out. I think it's all very fine. Louis just had to be in there somewhere. 

Spoke to John on the phone. He's chuffed about the Stones tickets. Dave L isn't interested, and besides, he leaves for Cornwall on that day. Jacq phoned and booked us for Tuesday next week.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...