20220622

Friday July 16, 1982

 Geoff Hemingway went to conference with the ed to complain that my Prince William posters are selling for 50p whilst I am only receiving £50. I sent some information to Jonathan Margolis this afternoon, and received £30 for help I gave the YP People column on June 17. Struggle to think what it was for. Perhaps it was Carina Fitzalan-Howard's on-off engagement. Never look a gift Czech in the mouth.

Ally and I dined on liver on our knees, too lazy to sit at the table. John arrived in the rattling Toyota bringing 48 tons of Yorkshire stone. He got lost on the way and came via Cleckheaton, Naples and Juan Les Pins. He's unshaven and podgy. Maria was supposed to be coming down to Yorkshire, but has now postponed her visit until after the baby comes. Mum has knit something for her latest grandchild. 

To bed at 8:30 after John's departure. Plunged in the bath and took up Ken Follett. Ally is pink and edible.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...