20220726

Thursday September 9, 1982

 Lynn and Dave's fourth wedding anniversary.

Albert Rhodes died on this day in 1973. Such a queer old man he was. For years I could not bring myself to speak or write his name. He did have some good points. He gave me £10 in 1971 which took me out and about in Interlaken. Ten pounds bought a lot of beer in Switerzerland in 1971. I recall getting very drunk one night and they had to duck me in a fountain to bring me to my senses.

YP. Sarah off for the day at Whitby. Kathleen is always gushing and creepy in Sarah's absence. We are, it seems, taking the rap for the mistake in the article by Bob [Cockroft] where he stated that Tony Hudson is High Sheriff. Bob, in his apology, reports that the mistake was made due to the information at source - i.e. the library. Malcolm Barker was also up in arms. Very bad show.

Home at 6. Pot of lasagne. Saw 'A Bridge Too Far'. Bed at 10:30.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday May 11, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn Ally's back ache is much the same. This is a worry because Mum has suffered with her back down the years. Childbearing is...