20220817

Monday September 20, 1982

 Rain. Went off to the YP wearing a quilted jacket and looking remarkably like Mick Jagger. Haven't had a coat on my back since last winter. YP dull. Margot and Carol went to a SOGAT meeting upstairs at 12. I couldn't bring myself to go, but afterwards regretted the decision because by all accounts it was amusing. I am told that when I turn up for work on Wednesday I will be fined £50. Just how do they hope to get the money from me? They cannot access my wage and if they expect me to voluntarily give up nearly a weeks money they'll have a very long wait. Arthur Scargill will be in the Lords, and Zara Phillips in corsets.

Sarah went to a 'house warming' at Carol's on Saturday. Every carpet in the poky little house has huge swirling, migraine inducing patterns.

Phoned Mum, who says it is safe to cash the cheque. Aren't we lucky? Tonight: fish and chips. Undercoated the windows. Watched 'Minder'. Ally sat looking at holiday brochures.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...