20220829

Thursday October 14, 1982

 Splashed in the bath before breakfast. Ally and I kissed goodbye on the doorstep and she asked me not to enjoy myself too much with Diane.

Busy day. Sarah went home at 12 with a cold. Won't be seeing her again this week. Went at 1:30 and stood outside the Ostlers waiting for Diane who was ten minutes late, and only met me because she was passing on her way to Marks and Spencer's. She was surprised that I remembered we had an appointment. I had a couple of pints and she Britvic orange. She cannot drink when working [she's at Nat West]. I told her about Susie. Paul [Edwards] is living at St James's Crescent while Hilda and Tony are away in Spain. _________.

Home at 6. Laid the carpet in the bedroom and dismantled the bunk beds, which were close to collapse. I blame John & Janette. Ally and I squabbled. She is driven to distraction by my lack of pracical mindedness.

Read Fanny Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...