20220906

Thursday October 21, 1982

 An exciting start to the day because Ally was having her hair cut and even the most minor deviation from the norm gave a spurt to our dawn awakening. We climbed into the bath together. __________.

The 7:30 news put my back up when the newsreader announced that the average weekly wage is £157, and here I am on £90. 

Onward at 8 to the YP. The girls are obviously annoyed with me for not getting carried away at the SOGAT meeting. However, I do not argue when I know I cannot win. Of course I earn a king's ransom. My lifestyle is like Cary Grant's. 

At lunchtime I went to buy Ally a book at Greenhead's. 'Highland Fling' by Nancy Mitford. It's from Santa Claus of course.

Home at 6 to find the house in darkness. Ally came back 10 minutes later with her new hair and a look of disappointment. She thinks her hair is too short, but I like it. Perms do look a bit severe to beging with, don't they? We had an omelette and ate like starving wolves. ____________.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...