20220906

Saturday October 16, 1982


 We got up at 8:30 or so. I know it's early but work had to be done. I brewed ale and a man came from the curtain shop and delivered our green curtains at 9:30. He saw me with all the glass bottles and liquid and assumed I was making petrol bombs. A funny man. We went afterwards to 'Cheap and Cheerful', and Ally bought me the pot dogs she's promised me. Excellent specimens, though not antique, and now they sit looking down from the top of the piano watching over us with with yellow, staring eyes.

We sat in a pub 'The Smithy' and had one drink. A Woody Allen film was playing on the video in the bar - hilarious. Bought meat and veg, &c. Frank arrived with Andrew at 4 o'clock and after having a cup of tea went off to Colne. We drank home brewed ale and watched TV. Then had fried steak and chips and played records, loudly, until after 8. Phoned Jill and Tim and they came over at 9 and we went to the Fire Brigade. We were too tanked up to enjoy the night properly, and Andrew couldn't face his Tetley's. Home for coffee. The Elmers left at 11:30 and I went and bought fish and chips. They were cold. Watched Kid Creole and the Coconuts. Bed late.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday May 11, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn Ally's back ache is much the same. This is a worry because Mum has suffered with her back down the years. Childbearing is...