20230216

Wednesday February 23, 1983

 We received a letter from the nasty Mr Sutcliffe declining our offer of employment. It is his misfortune, not ours. Ally came home at lunchtime and found the letter on the door mat. She phoned me at the office and asked me not to be disappointed. She is a brick. She spent the afternoon ringing round other breweries. Tetley's, Whitbread, &c.

At home we tried not to be depressed. The crisis between Deirdre and Ken on Coronation Street has come to a head. Not a dry eye in the nation, I shouldn't wonder. Mike Baldwin was sent packing.

At 8 I phoned Stockport and spoke to Glynnie. We haven't seen him since October. I told him of our brewery aspirations and he was dumbfounded. We are going over on March 5.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...