20230928

Saturday August 27, 1983

 Linthorpe Hotel, Middlesbrough

Sean.
Horribly hungover. No sympathy from Ally. I certainly didn't get any. Downstairs nobody had surfaced and I did all the 'bottling up' and tidied the garden. Like a zombie and really regretting last night. It's fine for that bloody lot. They can stay in bed all day sleeping it off. I have to be up at 7am regardless. I go about effing and blinding all day. Ally, on the other hand, is speedy, efficient and cool. Slept from 2-5:30 and was better by evening. Everyone in the bar laughing at my 'hedgehog' haircut. In Lounge 1 with Ally and Sean. A quiet night and pleasant. Roy enjoys stirring things and told Ally how he attempted over and over again to persuade me to quit the bar and go to bed last night. Much laughter. At 11:30 I went over to the Chinese takeaway and bought food for Ally, William and I. Went up to bed and lay naked eating our supper watching 'American Graffiti'. Switched off. We'd seen it all before. Read 'The Eagle Has Landed' by Jack Higgins. Slept like a log. Ally, you'll be pleased to hear, has forgiven me.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...