20230914

Saturday August 6, 1983

 Up at 7 looking and feeling awful. Everybody says so. It was daft of me to stay up until 1. The others can be nocturnal because they don't have to get up at dawn like me here. No sign of Roy or Marie until luncheon. I 'bottled up' and collected rubbish in the garden. JT joined us for breakfast but Ally and I escaped before he tackled his fried egg sandwich. Randy old Margaret says she likes the way we work and so too does Charlie, and when Charlie Poole likes something it must be good. Roy was up late and grumpy. He and Marie went off to Redcar Races with the family leaving JT, Dave and I running the bar. The place was full of revellers from a wedding all clamouring for drink and hurling abuse. At 3pm we had to make the same exit from the bar as we did last night. We were still clearing up after 4. Ally was busy in the kitchen. She made a steak dinner which we ate after 4:30. Roy's daughter, Marnie, came to see us and showed us a bundle of new coloured socks she's bought for her Chesterfield sojourn. For a 14 year-old Marie is very grown up. A busy night, but we retired early. Roy went up before us, and without a fuss. I think he was knackered.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...