20230914

Tuesday August 2, 1983

 Awakened by the alarm at 7:13 but lay smiling to myself knowing I do not have to get up. Linger in bed. Can we call our son Samuel when we work for Samuel Smith? We like Oliver too, but Oliver Smith is the chairman of the brewery. So it will look like we are crawling which ever name we go for. At 12 we went down and sat with our lunch at the bar laughing at JT winding up Mike. It's a local pastime. We went to the bank and withdrew £30 and posted a few postcards. Back in our suite we wrote letters to our mothers which took an hour, and I lay on the bed dropping grapes into my mouth. On TV saw the dreadful Kim Wilde performing. She's built like a cart horse. We haven't heard much news. I enjoy being cut off. JT banged on our door at 8 and asked if we wanted to go out into Middlesbrough with him. We sent him packing. Ww will go with him one day, but not on our first day off. Mags says JT has thyroid trouble. At 9:30 we went to the Chinese take-away. Saw Roy for the first time today and he thoroughly approved of us staying in bed on our day off. 

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...