20230911

Saturday July 2, 1983

 Ally had a good clear out and bagged up old clothes for the local Oxfam shop. I went about with a trowel and re-potted most of our plants in readiness for our departure for Middlesbrough. I also played with the lock on the door. It now opens like a dream. Ally sat outside with an Agatha Christie and moved the chair up and down the tiny garden to follow the sun. We had cheese on toast and watched the tennis. Martina Navratilova beat a young American with braces on her teeth. Dined on chicken with all the works. A hot evening. We sat up late. Watched the late film 'Summer of 42' which was slow and Ally cried off and went to bed. A cat is using our garden as a lavatory. I thought they were supposed to bury it?

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...