20230915

Thursday August 11, 1983

Dave & Lynn.
 Woke at 7. I dreamt I was running down an escalator at an airport. For some reason I was going to France with Roy and Marie and wearing a great, white overcoat. Most odd. No sign of Roy until lunchtime. In the absence of the cook Marie made the breakfast which was good. Nice little touches like warming the plates and giving us friend eggs with the yokes intact put the repast in a class far above Janet's. A letter awaits us from Lynn. It crossed with ours to her unfortunately. David has a new job with Tay Homes, the people who make cardboard boxes for people to live in. Audrey is now home from hospital, but Henry B has sprained his ankle. Trevor and Jane have had a daughter, Rebecca Jane, on July 29. It was a nice chatty letter which began: 'Roses are red, Hotels are Blue, Mike and Ally are managers, but not o'er Tetleys brew'...  Very entertaining. I did a stocktake and then read the order compiled by me to the girl at Sam Smiths. Ally, behind a desk, did a lot of paper work too. I was in lounge 2 from 11:30 till 2. We lunched under a large tree but it was too hot to sit out. Ally phoned Sister Matthews who has heard nothing from Middlesbrough hospital, so everything must be OK. We are still keen on the name Samuel for a boy, though Ally says if Sam Smiths drop us, which I doubt, then she says he'll be Joshua.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...