20230915

Wednesday August 10, 1983

 The alarm sounded at 9 and I had a good cough which annoyed Ally intently. I went downstairs to make boiled eggs and toast and went out to buy a Daily Telegraph and post my letter to Mum. I climbed into the bath and Ally ironed her smalls. Felt tired all day and after a morning stroll we went upstairs and slumbered for a few hours. Feeling refreshed I went and pulled pints with fury in lounge 2. It was a steady night with none of the recent hysterics. Looking at the pair of us Roy says he can see why we are so compatible. He always has such a twinkle in his eye. Marie seems to be annoyed about something and pulls faces like dear Mama does. R went off to a party. The washer up -a new slave - took Ally and I for the Barneses children. Roy and Marie didn't find this amusing. We lay awake for ages. Read my Ken Follett book.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...