20230912

Thursday July 14, 1983

Ally (1983).
 Ally and I were up and out at a reasonably hour and we took to the shops with a gusto not seen in these parts for a good many years. I had a haircut at 10. _____.Spent money quickly but on only the humblest array of goods. I bought trousers suitable for a pub landlord and Ally a pleasant flowing frock which will easily accommodate her growing bulk. At lunch we found ourselves in a dark cellar bar with flashing lights that annoyed Ally. I had chilli con carne and Ally a beef salad. Potted plastic plants everywhere and bar staff hand picked from______. Onward with our shopping until late afternoon when we returned home laden with bags. We laughed as I paraded around in my new clothes and changing them without any regard of passing vehicles and pedestrians. I am becoming nervous about my new employment. After all, it is a great change.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...