20230912

Wednesday July 6, 1983

 Ally is haunted by her visit to Mrs G and is kicking herself for not informing a nurse that all was not well with the old dear. She went out at 8 and Sammy was in the garden. He said the funeral will probably be on Friday. He told Ally not to upset herself because Mrs G had had a good, long life and was weary. I painted the gate and swept up after the joiner who finished the nursery door last night as Ally was weeping over 'Britt'. Yesterday was the 68th birthday of my cousins Edna and Nellie, the twins. This evening I had a phone call from Edna who sounded so young. I was expecting a 'maiden aunt' type of voice. She says it will be fine to call on them next Wednesday. Watched the excellent Rowan Atkinson in 'Blackadder' .

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...