20230913

Tuesday July 19, 1983

 An early start. Roy shows me how to re-stock the bottles that he been supped last night and after breakfast he gave me an old cash register to clean. It's for the garden and an 'American Afternoon' planned for Saturday which should be great fun.Roy says that on Royal Wedding day in '81 they took £1,600 in the afternoon. This is supposed to be extremely good. ____. My adding up seems to have improved overnight. Ally is very efficient and picks up things extremely easily. I am more dense. Roy thrusts a bunch of keys into my hands expecting me to open doors. We phoned Mum at 2. Pamela Nason gave birth to a daughter, Rebecca Louise, at 3am weighing 6lb-odd. Caesarian section. Sam Smith's didn't tell the Barneses that Ally is pregnant which is a relief. Roy isn't remotely perturbed. Other trainees have been pregnant, he says. Tonight a couple called Rob (Piper) and Kathy, who have a pub in Stockton-on-Tees, called to to see Roy. They trained at the Linthorpe in Feb/March. To bed at 12. Read 'A Coffin Full of Dreams' by Frisco Hitt.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...