20230913

Sunday July 17, 1983

 7th Sunday after Trinity

5, Club Street
I cannot recall a day when I was quite as nervous. Not even June 27 1981 compares to this. I have managed to refrain from biting my nails. At 12 I went up to Duckworth Lane on the bus with mounds of old, unwanted clothes and deposited them on the doorstep of the Oxfam shop and then scurried away on foot back to Club Street. The sky darkened as I came up Cemetery Road and a flash of lightning and loud clap of thunder sent a score of gaily garbed Asian girls screaming for shelter. I reached home just before the storm. Ally and I cuddled on the settee listening to the furore without. Mary came to see us and we gave her a key and showed her the plants. She's going to be our waterer for 8 weeks. Of the storm she exclaimed: 'Penny is shaking like an aspic leaf'. Penny is of course the poodle. We were exhausted and excited. The phone was off because of the storm and so I went to the corner and phoned Mum and Dad. They were cheerful and full of good wishes. Apparently John has seen no divorce papers and says he doesn't need any. We went up to bed at 9. Our last day at home before the great change.

-=-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...