20231009

Saturday October 29, 1983

The Why Not, Hemlington


 Sunshine. Shortly after opening in walked my long lost cousin Brian Myers and his wife Valerie, who live nearby at Great Ayton. I called John and Janette down from upstairs and we all stood chatting for an hour. Ally and I had to work and so we couldn't devote ourselves entirely to our kinfolk. At 3:30 we all went to town and Janette, generous as ever, bought us all a ghastly meal in the Cleveland Centre. The pizzas were like cardboard soaked in tomato puree. To the Linthorpe after closing. We'd had a tense evening at the Why Not. The mob who last smashed up the place appeared and I thought my days were numbered, but they went as soon as I called the police. Pissed at the Linthorpe. Roy groped Janette. Mags and I did a high wire act singing Nat King Cole. Home and to bed at 5am.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...