20231001

Thursday September 15, 1983

 Linthorpe Hotel, Middlesbrough

Hungover. I spent £17 on whisky last night. I was in bed for the duration but Ally was good and took herself off to the shops, and was happy, busy and bright. Eventually I came back to life and we went to Asda at Billingham and spent £39 on tinned tomatoes, &c. I am nervous about the ordeal ahead. I do not want our first foray into relief management to be a bloody disaster with murder and glass fights, &c. Our last night at the Linthorpe. We owe Roy so much. A brisk goodbye. Carol and Rose kissed us, but Mags refused, saying she will not say goodbye to people she'll see again. To bed at 11:30 with no gala or sing-song. Ally didn't want fireworks.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...