20231001

Tuesday September 20, 1983

 The Why Not, Hemlington

Takings: Lounge £160.35 / Bar £201.64


Our first touch of Why Not violence. Ally and I only left the bar for ten minutes this afternoon and came back in to find some lads clowning around without their trousers and driving away the few customers supping in the lounge. A furious argument followed, trousers were pulled up, and the offending youths promised never to do such a thing again. Sadly, this evening they appeared pissed and after I asked them to quit the premises, they refused quite violently. I phoned the police. On seeing the constables a certain Billy Bousfield proceeded to smash  all the glasses on his table and was forcibly removed from the pub. In the scuffle one policeman had his helmet stolen. I made a statement and young Bousfield is going to face charges of criminal damage. I then barred four lads from entering the Why Not during my tenure. 

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...