20240308

Wednesday March 7, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn

Ash Wednesday

Mum.
Panic stations at lunch when a jolly funeral party came in wailing and merrymaking and drinking like fish. I find such celebrations slightly nauseating. Mum and Dad came in at 11 and stood downstairs amidst the black-clad multitude. I found myself, on my day off, running around pulling pints and serving food to the mourners. At 2 I managed to join Ally, Mum and Dad for a sandwich. Mum had been helping Ally in the kitchen. This catering lark is all old hat to her. 

At three Ally and I went to Bradford to inspect the house and buy a pair of trousers and a cot costing £67 minus mattress. Back to the Moorhouse for 5:30. Dad was in the bar chatting to Maureen and I attempted to have a night off which didn't go quite to plan. My roast beef upstairs was interrupted by a drunken trio in the tap room - two men and a haughty, high and mighty, woman. They left peaceably after I refused them beer. After closing we sat in the bar for a couple of hours. _______. We told them of the split with Dave & Elaine Allinson, and for some reason Lynn wanted this news to be kept from Mum.

Takings: (B) £163.74, (L) £205.75).

]-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...