20181120

Friday June 22, 1979

Out with Ally, Sue and Pete to the Crown at Yeadon, the Dog and Gun at Apperley Bridge, and the Commercial at Esholt. Ally is miserable and puts it down to a common female affliction. The first two hostelries were drab but at the Commercial we relaxed and laughed. The hilarity was due to the amount of booze we'd put down. At 10:45 we returned to Pine Tops to watch a Monty Python movie from 1972. They ate takeaways from the Chinese and I wept like a baby at the antics of John Cleese & co. Afterwards we clowned around in the garden, or perhaps I should say Pete and I did, and our frivolity resulted in me lobbing the refuse from the Chinese takeaway into the garden next door. Peter rolled around laughing, but Susan screamed and shouted like dear Mama would do. After our garden frolic Sue dragged Pete up to bed and Ally and I fell into the dining room with Rachmaninov, Stevie Wonder and the Three Degrees. We found a bottle of something called 'Ginora' which we drank, and then discussed our relationship. ______________. Once again the tittle tattle of others is spoiling my life.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...