20181120

Sunday June 24, 1979

To bed at breakfast time. Slept until I was rudely awakened by the phone at 2pm. Unfortunately I couldn't get to pick up in time and so the identity of the caller remains a mystery. Both Ally and I are hideously hung over and in no fit state to receive visitors, but this is what is inflicted upon us in the shape of Martyn and Therese. He brought my ring back, now embellished with one solitary garnet for which I paid him £5. __________. It was a very uncomfortable visit. The blinding pain in my head didn't help. I wanted some Anadin pills, but the child lock on the bottle got the better of me.

John phoned. He says the baby looks like a Macdonald, has long legs, and no eye brows. She is to be called Catherine Elizabeth Mary. Maria's Mum, Molly, is really Mary Catherine, and Maria's sister is Elizabeth, and so there you have the connection. Jim and Molly have travelled up to Dumfries, taking JPH with them.

At 10:15 Maria phoned me from her hospital bed. She chatted for a while and sounded fine. She told Sue that she wants to be back in Stranraer next week. To bed at 1am after seeing a Peter Lorre film from 1930 about a Berlin child-killer. Quite boring really. Ally is quite adamant that she's going out with Eammon Burke on Tuesday. I am bloody furious.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...