20200413

Friday February 8, 1980

_. At 12 I met Glynnie at Leeds Railway Station. Fell flat on my back on the platform. We went to Len's Bar and were joined by Ally at 12:30. We went on the the Central for a 'few more'. Geoff Hemingway was at the bar and he bought us a round of drinks. I think I can thank Lady Doris Vyner for this. Back to the car at 3pm to find a yellow parking ticket firmly affixed - a £4 fine. On to Club Street. Ally went upstairs and collapsed on her crimson bedspread. Minutes later, Glynnie was on his all fours vomiting, head down the lavatory, then he too collapsed onto a bed. I felt quite forlorn surrounded by dying people. Phoned Dave L and invited him to the party tomorrow.  Ally and Dave slept until after 8. At 9:30 we drove to Pine Tops. Our dinner was waiting for us, warming in the oven. Only Ally and I ate because Dave staggered up to bed and collapsed, yet again. We went on to Oakwood Hall, pulsating with 15 year-olds, but after an hour we returned home exhausted.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...