20200416

Wednesday February 13, 1980

_. Ally phoned me at the YP to see if I fancy spending the weekend of March 22-23 at a cottage in Grassington, and all for a mere £12. How can we possibly let it go by?

We were visited in the office by the Hon Chris Monckton.

Met Dad and Michael Sansom at 12:30 and we went to Len's Bar for beer and sandwiches. They had been to Wakefield on a course playing in a mock demonstration, leading to a riot at the police HQ. Prancing police horses, riot shields, police women hurtling imitation bricks and flour bags, &c. All quite ludicrous, but more fun than the lectures they have attended throughout the week. Mike talked of his time in Hong Kong, and it's delights. Did you know that the capital of Hong Kong is Aberdeen? Left them at 1:30 and went to buy a couple of Valentine's cards. One for dear Ally and one for Delia. I sat in Park Square cleverly disguising my handwriting.

Susan cut my hair tonight. Sat looking at Mum clutching her red, hideously swollen finger. Dad made useless suggestions as to how to deal with the painful protrusion. He appeared with a roll of tin foil and a plastic bag. Needless to say, Mama did not entertain him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...