20200417

Thursday February 14, 1980

_. Valentine's Day

Left for the YP before the postman had been and so I didn't witness the arrival of the thousands of Valentine's day cards.

Delia phoned, and I was made to own up to sending her a card. She was chuffed to arseholes, if you pardon the expression. She could not recall when she last received such a tribute.

This evening I went by train to Bradford where I met Ally on the steam filled platform to the crescendo of violins. We were Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson in 'Brief Encounter'.

To Rue Club for dinner: something from the crockpot. At 9 we tore over to Les Haute Pins to join Mum, Dad, Hilda, Tony, Lynn, Dave, &c. It is rumoured that Tony has had a falling out with the Liberal party and that he won't be standing for the council again.

I have three Valentine messages. One posted in Leeds, obviously heavily disguised, is from Jacq, and two from Ally, just to deceive, one being home made.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...