20260730

Wednesday February 11, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ

I am growing old. Receding hair [not so], flab, constant lethargy, &c. So awful. I am increasingly antagonised by my fellow man and dependent on the Daily Telegraph. I am almost 32 and look it. I also now listen to Radio 2. Derek Jameson and all that. 

Watched the Duke of York today take his seat in the Lords and sit on the Crossbenchers listening to Baroness Seear going on and on about growing cabbages. Poor boy.

Graham came at 6 for a few hours and we sat upstairs. He is a breath of fresh air. They are going to Spain in July with Peter and Dee. We nattered about education. He has not ever considered sending Matthew or Simon to a public school, but he does of course live in a leafy village. He is buying a house near Rugby, at West Haddon, or somewhere. His office is a garden shed. We had a inter-house quiz night extravaganza. Ally worked with Mags. The incumbent came from the Old Red Lion. He and five managers inc. the Raynville, the Hansom Cab [York], were all sacked on the same day. Poor overworked LG.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday February 11, 1987

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ I am growing old. Receding hair [not so], flab, constant lethargy, &c. So awful. I am increasingly antago...