Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ
I spent the day in a state of some trepidation. For some reason I haven't ordered enough beer and my cellar looks positively empty. How awful. What will we do? Tonight was stone dead. Just Margaret M, Ally and I. We haven't heard anything of Gabrielle since our holiday and I do not expect ever to see the girl again. She is a Gemini.
Obituary: Lady Illingworth, who has died aged 86, was the indefatigable hostess at her historic Georgian house in Mayfair, 44 Grosvenor Square, the last privately owned house in the square which was disgracefully demolished in 1967 to make way for the new Britannia Hotel.... It was in the house's morning room in June, 1815, that the Cabinet, the guests at dinner of the 1st Earl of Harrowby, received the Duke of Wellington's victory despatch from Waterloo ....
The President of the United States is 76 today.
In the House of Lords: "Conditions in Letters Patent which prevent the eldest daughters from inheriting her father's hereditary peerage were a blatant discrimination against women, said Lord Diamond, chairman of the Social Democrat peers...
-=-
No comments:
Post a Comment