20200417

Friday February 15, 1980

_. Bid my fond farewells to Ally. She disappeared in a cloud of blue exhaust fumes. We are meeting on Sunday.

Exhausted and enfeebled. I spent some time researching the family tree of the Queen Mother. I compiled her ancestry back to Joan of Scotland's marriage to Sir John Lyon in the fourteenth century. I also traced the descent of George VI from Robert II of Scots, which shows that George & his Queen were 17th cousins [but they are more closely related through the descent of Cecilia Countess of Strathmore from Henry VII].

Phoned Dave L tonight. We plan to go out tomorrow for a drink. He wanted to see 'The Life of Brian' but I talked him out of it.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...