_. Up at 7:30 feeling extraordinarily fit. At the YP I did rather well and the expected collapse into coma never came.
I do talk a lot of rubbish at times, don't I? How long have you been sat there listening to me droning on and on in endless repetition. I suppose you think life is just one long pub crawl, eh? I suppose you look upon me as a cynical, cruel and nasty buffoon? I go around spewing nasty remarks about innocent and hard working people who contribute more to the country than I ever shall. Is it only the cynical and spiteful who compile journals? Decent folk are far too busy for such a frivolous pastime, out there making the world a better and happier place. Now that I've got that off my chest I can back to scrawling. I do like to clear the air occasionally.
This evening my armchair was more like a tomb, or sepulchre. I was lifeless.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday March 19, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Clemmie. Clemmie has cut her first tooth. Ally thought she could feel it yesterday and today I felt the tiny ...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment