20200417

Friday February 22, 1980

_. Up at 7:30 feeling extraordinarily fit. At the YP I did rather well and the expected collapse into coma never came.

I do talk a lot of rubbish at times, don't I? How long have you been sat there listening to me droning on and on in endless repetition. I suppose you think life is just one long pub crawl, eh? I suppose you look upon me as a cynical, cruel and nasty buffoon? I go around spewing nasty remarks about innocent and hard working people who contribute more to the country than I ever shall. Is it only the cynical and spiteful who compile journals? Decent folk are far too busy for such a frivolous pastime, out there making the world a better and happier place. Now that I've got that off my chest I can back to scrawling. I do like to clear the air occasionally.

This evening my armchair was more like a tomb, or sepulchre. I was lifeless.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...