20200417

Wednesday February 20, 1980

_. Phoned Lynn at work to check on tonight's arrangements for dinner at Lawn Road.

Returned from the YP and felt miserable watching my parents eat. Sat, starving watching the news on the telly. Nothing but the steel strike.

I have news. Judith Rushworth was married on Valentine's Day to Tim Brown, landlord of the Hare & Hounds. He's made a honest woman of her at last. Mind you, his previous wife only died in August, and so I suppose a decent lapse had to occur. Dad saw Mrs Rushworth who asked him to pass on the news to me.

Ally came here at 7:15 and we went off to Burley-in-Wharfedale calling in at an off-license for a bottle of sherry, for £1.70. Dinner was a delightful spaghetti concoction. Afterwards we sat around the fire. Home 11:30.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...