20200525

Sunday June 8, 1980

_. 1st Sunday after Trinity

Felt better tolday, but slightly wobbly. At 12 we went to the Ship Inn at Bishop's Sutton. Joined by Graham, Gill, Andrew, Richard, good Eileen, Philip Middlebrough and his blond wife, Carol [nee Rodger] &c. Richard was twinkling with glee at my downfall. He too has experienced a drunken splash in the Itchen. It's one of Graham's party pieces evidently.  Ally had whitebait, but I had no appetite. In fact I was quite miserable, and Ally kept digging me in the ribs. Back to Chillandham Cross for coffee, and then the London people disappeared. We ate dinner on a massive new dining table. The wine affects Bessie with remarkable speed. She giggles and chatters more readily.

We messed around foolishly until about 9 o'clock. We should have left earlier but a final drink at the Plough set us back somewhat. Ally played under her car bonnet with a can of oil.  Home to Guiseley at almost 2am. We squabbled about whether we should go to Lidget Green or Guiseley, and I won.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...