20200525

Saturday June 7, 1980

_. Still wet from the river, we climbed into Neil's car and went off to Southampton, supposedly for a fried breakfast. I proceeded to vomit in various places in the town, and the lads went into a transport cafe. I slept on the way back to Martyr Worthy and went to bed. Vomit here too. Ally kept bringing me refreshments. Bessie took it very well, and laughed at the way I kept apologising for my disgraceful behaviour. She was a nurse in the way years, of course.

We were supposed to be going up to London. Graham, Gill and Neil went to Trader Vic's bar at the London Hilton, then on to Richard and Eileen's party. [Graham spent £8.80 on three drinks]. Ally didn't leave me, and stayed at home in front of the TV. Bessie brought me hot soup at 7:30 and I was sleeping by 9. So angry at missing a party. I am relieved that Frank wasn't here to experience my alcoholic frolic.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...