20200612

Friday August 22, 1980

Dallas: over-rated
_. Part from Ally at 7:45 and took the express coach to Leeds, arriving an hour later. Felt sick and tired like I usually do on a Friday morn. At noon I could stand no more, and left for home. Found Mum and Dad in the garden. I bid my farewells and went to bed until 6pm, much to Mum's disgust.

Up at 6pm to a 'breakfast' of bacon and beans, just like Jesse James might have done a century ago. Afterwards, my parents left, in paint covered rags, to Mabel's, yet again, leaving me in my solitude by a steaming television set.

Watched 'Dallas', an over-rated, much publicised US TV series, and then a play about Molière, which was good. Mum and Dad came in at 11:30 and I was in the middle of Lawrence of Arabia. Dad, of course, is named after T.E. Lawrence, a particularly favourite hero of my scatty grandfather. Bed at 1am. Mum and Dad had seen Mum's dreadful sister-in-law, Kathleen, at Mabel's. Poor thing.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...