20200622

Friday September 19, 1980

Peter M.
_. Out to Parker's wine bar with Sarah at 1pm. Ghastly afternoon. Felt ill due to lack of food. Home at 6 and recovered in time to go out with Pete M and Steve Hudson to the Shoulder at 8:30. I sat in the back of his open van, hair blowing in the breeze, looking like Charlton Heston in 'Ben Hur'. Peter told me in strictest confidence that he wished he could be fashionable like me. He wasn't taking the mickey either. Oh dear. You've either got it, or you haven't. On to the White Cross. Saw Sue and Pete who were with Audrey Rycroft and her bearded silent, brooding husband. By now we were all very drunk. Steve has a funny heart. It was palpitating again. Transplant material, perhaps? From the Cross to the New Inn. Saw Chippy and Dave W outside the pub and offered them a suitable V sign from my chariot. Exchanged abuse with Dave W which is always fun. Steve left at 11, and after failing to persuade Pete to go on to a disco we went back to his place in Otley for bacon sandwiches and fish fingers. Lynne came down and wasn't too pleased to see me. Donald and Vera, his parents, were at the house in Thornton-le-Dale, and Karl was out on the town. He gave me a room for the night, but at some unearthly hour I left the house and it's sleeping occupants and walked home.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...