20200622

Tuesday September 16,1980

_. Shazzo is back from Crete looking decidedly pale and very reticent. What can she have been doing for three weeks? She tells such lies I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover she's really been to Filey, in one of those dreadful caravans. Kathleen was appalling all day, and Sarah made no appearance. She's vomiting.

Phoned at Ally at 2 and spoke to the dreadful Derek Jenkins. She sounded bored, but brightened. I vowed to visit her tomorrow. A Rolling Stones and lager session would be nice.

We are planning a Halloween party on Saturday Nov 1. Obviously, nobody will come, but at least we are making an effort. Some people never give parties but are always the first to attend them.

Benn: wide-eyed pipe smoking maniac.
I am worried about the antics in recent days of Mr Wedgwood Benn and his fanatical band of Labour Lefties. The Labour party conference is looming on the battle scarred horizon and it's clear to me that Callaghan will be slaughtered in favour of this wide-eyed pipe smoking maniac. It's Dad's opinion that Benn and Co will ensure Labour stay in the wilderness for another ten years at least, leaving a clear run for dear Margaret Hilda and that nice Mr Prior. I cannot share my father's optimism. I envisage a Red administration coming to power in 1984 bringing nothing but chaos, anarchy, and useless change for changes sake. What's wrong with the House of Lords, and Eton, cucumber sandwiches and Aston Martin cars?

Saw a programme about the Spitfire plane. Bed at 11:45.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...