20200702

Sunday October 5, 1980

_. 18th Sunday after Trinity

Rain and colder. Home to Guiseley at 12:30. I watched as Mum and Dad brewed beer in the kitchen.

Watched an early Peter Sellers epic - 'Two Way Stretch'. Ally was back with me at 3.

We drove to Haworth in pounding rain to buy Lynn and Dave a picture for Christmas. Yes, bloody Christmas shopping. The place was crowded, and I was cold and hungry.

Back to Guiseley and the delights of Harry Ramsden's. We ate by the fire alone as Mum and Dad had gone to Sue & Pete's for Sunday dinner. Ally left at 6:15.

Sheep: evading capture.
Dave L phoned to say he found a stray sheep whilst out walking the dog. He chased the poor animal through the streets of Yeadon as it tried to evade capture. I told him to contact Horsforth police. I wrote to Dave yesterday, but it won't be with him until tomorrow.

Watched 'American Graffiti' a newish US film depicting adolescent life in the '50s.

To bed at 12:30 quite washed out.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...