20200701

Saturday October 4, 1980

_. Up at 9:30. To Ally's for the day. I put my hand to a spot of window cleaning, after she chastised me for not doing any work. I could hardly see her, shrouded in steam from the washing.

To an Oxfam shop at 1pm for a Dame Edna outfit for Michael Brown's party. I bought a handbag, a hat, and a pair of Dame Edna type spectacles. The old lady shop assistant cast some funny looks as I rummaged through the second hand frocks. Back at Club Street we had an hilarious half hour as I modelled my Edna outfit. Not a dry eye in the place.

Out at 8pm to the club at Farsley Celtic for Karen's 21st birthday party [she was in a black 'jump suit']. Lynn made public her baby news. At the bar I found myself in the company of _____________, a notorious tart, who was fined £350 in 1976 for keeping a brothel in Pudsey. I also spoke to Jill about my forthcoming drag appearance and she promised to provide me with some burgundy stiletto heels. Thrilled. Tim was very silly, and Diane's boyfriend, Paul, now has studs in both ears. He wore an ACDC badge on his jacket. Marlene was there. Auntie Mabel, bright and chirpy. We all played silly games. The DJ organised a lewd dance to 'Nellie the Elephant' where a circle of men and women standing alternately had to link hands between the legs of their neighbour and perform in a hideous waddle of groping and grovelling with foreign loins. My new friend, the whore, seemed to enjoy this one.

On to St James's Crescent and after more food and wine Ally and I left for Bradford. She looked gorgeous tonight in her 'boob tube' and striped skirt, wearing her hair up. I do love her, you know.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...