20200701

Friday October 3, 1980

_. A night on the tiles in the usual Friday tradition. Phoned Dave L at 6:30 but he had already planned to go to Sandra's at Otley. No word from Pete Mather, as I expected, because tomorrow is Martyn C's wedding, and I suspect a select pre-nuptial gathering is taking place somewhere. Pete phoned when I was out on Tuesday night inviting me to Martyn's stag party on Wednesday, but it would have meant borrowing money, and so I declined the invitation.

At 8 I walked down to Sue & Pete's and the three of us crossed the road to the White Cross. On to the Shoulder where we met Chris and Audrey Rycroft. I couldn't work up any excitement. Married couples talk only of rate bills, and the price of frozen pizzas. I was saved by the arrival of Gus & Johnny. [Johnny is home from London where his claim to fame was making love to a 'Bunny Girl']. A riotous evening developed. On to the New Inn where we met Dave W and Ken. Home at 11:30, drunk. I blame the whisky. Sat watching the ghastly Desmond Morris on TV.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...