20200701

Thursday October 2, 1980

_. At the YP today it soon became very obvious that my catastrophic and sudden bout of illness is not as convincing as I thought it might be.

Lynn & Dave.
Out at 8 with Ally, Lynn and Dave to Dave & Elaine Allinson's at Rawdon. We were dreading it really because they are always banging on about abortion, homosexuality, dogs, piles, mortgages, oral sex, rape, and more mortgages, not forgetting the all important topic of breast feeding.

Lynn and Dave were subdued because Mandy Baker has suffered a miscarriage. She was expecting a baby two weeks before Lynn is due. Naturally, old fears are exhumed.

Back to Pine Tops at 12:30 [just Ally and I]. Hilda and Tony are with Mum, Dad, Jim, Margaret and Julie. It was disclosed that Pamela N is now 'living in sin' with her elderly boyfriend __Gwilliams. I sat gasping for breath amidst the smoke fumes from Hilda and Tony. Eventually driven upstairs. Joined by Ally.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...