20200701

Wednesday October 1, 1980

Ally & Charles le Citroen.
_. At 8am I put a call in to Shazzo, and Ally the same to Catherine Brook to confirm our attacks of diarrhoea and Legionaire's Disease. Then we made egg sandwiches and went to Harewood House to gasp in wonderment at the emu and ormolu. I irked Ally somewhat going on and on about my dinner with 'Bambi' Countess of Harewood in '77. Maria Callas had just died and George, Lord Harewood, for that reason, was indisposed. He was in his study compiling an obituary for the great singer. From Sunny Harewood we drove to Knaresborough, where I slept, and then on to Les Haute Pins for chicken din dins.

Lady Diana Spencer is not related to the late Michael Miles, and neither is Olav V, King of Norway. [Olav is not related to Michael Miles, but most definitely related to Lady Diana].

Felt sleepy disgustingly early. Ally left at 10-ish, and I went to bed at 10:30 to avoid the ice skating on TV.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...