20201010

Thursday January 29, 1981

 _. Diarrhoea. I suppose it had to happen. I put in a brief appearance at the YP and after swigging a chalky potion made up by the YP nurse I obtained 'leave of absence' from Sarah and headed home. Well, in fact I headed for the place that soon shall be my home, 5 Club St. Saw Ally briefly, and then disappeared to bed with a mug of revolting arrowroot, clutching a volume of Agatha Christie. Not one of Agatha's better works. Something about a Christmas pudding. As always, I feel much better away from the YP. 

Ally was back from work at 5 and I attempted to join her downstairs but felt weak and uncomfortable. Returned to bed.

Dave G phoned but I didn't speak. Ally passed on my good wishes. Ally came to bed at 10. A restless night watching the clock and jibbering away to myself. All very melodramatic, but when I'm ill I certainly know I'm ill.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...