20201117

Saturday February 28, 1981

 _. Woke up after 10:30 to snow falling. Not happy about this because we planned to go on a shopping expedition to York, and now instead we are trapped here with the prospect of a boring day indoors ahead of us. 

We struggled out at about 3 to collect a couple of volumes of wedding invitation examples from Fred Rhodes's shop and then went on, somewhat bravely under the circumstances, to Otley, then Ilkley, where we got very wet in the slush as we wandered around the shops. I have my eye on a stuffed dog, a Yorkshire Terrier I think, upon a cushion in a glass case for £44.

To Lynn and Dave's at 4:30. We took tea with the expectant mum. Everybody has decided that she is having a girl because of the size and shape of the bump, but I stick to my guns.

Back at Pine Tops at 6 with Sue, Pete, Mum and Dad. We all came to conclusion that that we should go dine out. Giovanni's at White Cross was fully booked and so we went down to Manningham Lane and our 'love nest', Mamma Mia's. I had seafood salad, lasagne, then pineapple. Ally had corn on the cob, lasagne and a sweet. We all had Sambucas, Strega, and Tia Maria. Back in fog at 11 for peach wine, or was it apricot? Bed very late.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...