20210203

Thursday July 16, 1981

 _. Frank went for an interview in Birmingham yesterday, and turned down the offer of regional director of Barclays in the Midlands.

Opening my YP this morning I read with horror an article 'Dalesman calls time on his pub - at 87'. The Stonehouse Inn is to be sold at auction on August 18. It would appear that Mum and Dad's supposed 'agreement' is non existent. Mother, aghast, phoned her solicitor. My parents are over a barrel here. What the Deacons are doing is perfectly legal but bad form. The whole thing is making them very weary. I will be glad when Aug 18 has been and gone and they can get on with their future plans.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...