20210428

Wednesday December 2, 1981

 _.Up at 6:30.

In my lunch break I made what is now a regular hike to the Central Library and took out Agatha Christie's autobiography for Ally. I phoned her at 12:45 and she phoned me at 4:30. 

Spoke to Papa [Mama was in the bath]. His eye is healing but after two weeks he's still taking the eye drops.

I am worried about the proposed Bill to alter the succession to the throne. Our monarchy is sacred. We are not like the bicycling, bourgeois European and Scandinavian royal families. To mess with the ancient order of things hits at the very stability of the institution, and will crumble away more of the mystique. Anyway, I cannot see Her Majesty giving her approval to such feminist meddling.

Home at 5:45. Steak and kidney cobblers! A Lancashire dish, I think. 

The Borgias on the telly. We are on episode 7 and they have only just got round to using poison.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...