20220222

Tuesday May 25, 1982

 Ally and I sat eating Weetabix and listening to the pathetic Mike Read on Radio One. That was after I persuaded her to climb out of bed. I thought I was bad on a morning but compared with Ally I'm a Margaret Thatcher. 

To the YP late and I marched in offering no excuses. __________. Took a walk at lunchtime and intended going to the reference library to look at the 1881 census, but ran out of time. Passed the afternoon tearing up old files.

Home at 6. Dull and threatening rain. David L phoned and made a flying visit to collect his bottles, minus his friend 'Knocker'. Elaine Allinson, something of an expert in the finer points of sexuality, has declared that 'Knocker' is homosexual.

Poor Tim has taken a turn for the worse and is now on Ward 16 at the LGI, with a 'crushed heel'. [Sounds like a cheap cut of meat]. I tried to phone Jill and Hilda after 9 but had no response.

Watched a documentary on the Pope. I do wish he'd stay in Rome.Switching off the TV to come to bed at 10:30 I saw the Ministry of Defence spokesman, Ian McDonald, announcing the loss of another warship, but not Hermes or Invincible.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...