20220529

Thursday July 1, 1982

 Dominion Day, Canada

A rewarding day. We went to the Co-op and came away robbing them of £5. A little school-leaver on the counter there was too busy talking about giving someone a black eye to notice I had only given him £15 and not £20. No doubt he'll be the one with a black eye tomorrow. I really should feel guilty - me, the son of a police officer.

I finally got round to writing to my kinsman Malcolm Fawbert, at Chesterfield. A bitty letter, but to the point I suppose. Who knows, he could be sending me a pedigree stretching back to 1400 in the next post.

Ally is exhausted. We went off to bed quite early and after a bath I climbed in with my new Ken Follett paperback. Always gripping stuff.

The Princess of Wales is 21 today, celebrating quietly at Kensington Palace. A Princess of Wales hasn't celebrated a 21st birthday as princess since the beautiful Alexandra of Denmark in 1865, when she was already the mother of two sons, Albert Victor [1864-92], and George [later George V, 1865-1936].

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...